Sea & Sea MDX-40D / 50D Underwater Housing for Canon EOS 40D & 50D Digital Cameras
MDX-40D/50D Sea & Sea underwater Housing for Canon 40D and 50D Digital Cameras (black)
Luxurious, edgy design. The MDX, a masterpiece of extraordinary stability, really shows off the full capabilities of the EOS 40D / EOS 50D
Camera not included.
Compatible with the VF45 1.2x
By attachment of a 45° viewfinder (view magnification of 1.2x) with Amici prisms to the eyepiece on the housing, the magnification increases to 1.2x, allowing the entire field of view to be seen clearly. Recommended for users committed to strict compositioning and focusing.
Manual adjustment is possible without releasing the grips
Designed for easy operation so you can comfortably reach the main dial and quick control dial with your fingers, while keeping your hands on the grips. Delicate operations are possible even while you are looking through the viewfinder. The larger diameter of frequently-used dials allows you to change the shutter speed or aperture value with a light touch while supporting the framing. This frees you, the photographer, to concentrate only on the perfect chance for a great picture.
Controls almost all of the Canon EOS 40D / 50D essential functions underwater.*1
- Every detail of the housing is precision machined from a solid aluminium block to achieve a high-quality texture and design. All edges have been polished carefully for safety.
- Manufactured from solid block aluminium alloy with all edges carefully polished for safety.
- The housing is protected by a highly corrosion resistant anodized (black) coating. The coating protects the housing from environmental corrosion and abrasions.
- Comes standard with two bulkhead connectors: one type-N connector (2-pin wired for manual) and one 6-pin wired connector (for dedicated TTL).
- Equipped with a Optical Viewfinder 0.66x standard. Interchangeable 0.5x/0.8x viewfinders (optional) are also available.
- Compatible with the Shutter-Activated Focus Light (optional, factory modification is required).
- The quick shoe makes the camera easy to install and remove from the housing.
- A port lock mechanism secures the port from accidental loosening.
- A built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to any water leakage.
- Strong and durable build, with a depth rating of up to 60m / 200ft.
*1 Live View function is not operable from the housing.
Construction: Body: corrosion-resistant aluminium alloy (machined)
Grip: corrosion-resistant die-cast aluminium alloy
Depth rating: 60m / 200ft
Dimensions: Width 317 x Height 168 x Depth 137mm / 12.7 x 6.7 x 5.5inch
Weight: Approx. 2,700g / 94.5oz (Housing only)